GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT, FOREST AND CLIMATE CHANGE
UNSTARRED QUESTION N0. 3054
TO BE ANSWERED ON 05.01.2018
National Clean Air Programme
- DR. SHASHI THAROOR:
Will the Minister of ENVIRONMENT, FOREST AND CLIMATE CHANGE be pleased to state:
- whether the Government has drafted the National Clean Air Programme with specific targets and timelines;
- if so, the details thereof;
- whether the Government proposes to engrain the National Clean Air Programme with the use of new technology in order to combat the rising challenge of air pollution in India; and
- if so, the details thereof and if not, the reasons therefor?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT, FOREST AND
(DR. MAHESH SHARMA)
- & (b) The government has formulated National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) as a medium term national level strategy to tackle the increasing air pollution problem across the country in a comprehensive manner. The overall objective is to augment and evolve effective ambient air quality monitoring network across the country besides ensuring comprehensive management plan for prevention, control and abatement of air pollution. The NCAP focuses on collaborative and participatory approach covering all sources of pollution and coordination between relevant Central Ministries, State Governments, local bodies and other stakeholders.
- & (d) In order to ensure use of new technologies to combat the rising challenge of air pollution in India, a separate component on ‘Technology Assessment Cell’ has been envisaged under NCAP to evaluate the technologies for prevention, control and abatement of air pollution.